Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day One in Firenze


 I just found my first post I ever wrote when I was abroad. I couldn't help but laugh at vividly remembering these episodes of events.

            After one..two…three…? days of traveling. I finally arrived in Florence, Italy. So excited to finally be there, I was anxiously awaiting my luggage so I could go of the baggage claim and get my room assignment. After waiting for about a half hour for my luggage, and about five minutes after the luggage stopped coming out, I was informed that my luggage never even made it on the plane. COOOOOL!!

            Now this is a whole long story, but BASICALLY to sum it up… they made practically all the UConn students check their carry on bags, yes carry on bags with no name tags on them because they assured us that they would be on the plane so we thought nothing of it. The stewardess claimed she made several announcements to tell us this, yet it was all in german. No, sorry WE DO NOT SPEAK GERMAN!!!! But anyways, yes, my carry on luggage was still in Frankfurt, Germany while I was in Florence, Italy. SO CONVENIENT.
            On a positive and happy note J I LOVE MY APARTMENT!!! It is huge, humungous, enormous, too much to describe. The ceilings are tall which makes the room seem more spacious.
            My room is gorgeous. There are red sheets, and red flowy curtains that cover the window that provides a beautiful view. I LOVE IT.  It is a BIT chilly, so I will be sleeping in my sweatpants, underarmor and sweatshirts. I will just wrap myself up like a cocoon.
            I obviously haven’t fully explored the city because it is my first day, but from what I have seen, I love it! It is absolutely breathtaking.  We live near the Arno River. It so far has been my favorite sight of the day!
            I am so excited to go to sleep tonight and finally sleep after 48 hours STRAIGHT of being awake. I have to wake up at 8 am to be ready for my full day of orientation at school.

CIAOOOOOOOOOO !  

No comments:

Post a Comment